In case you missed it, here are some of the charity headlines making news this week:
- Almost seven years after the September 11 terrorist attacks on our nation, groups aiding victims find their money dwindling.
- Several charities and foundations are dealing with the after-effects of embezzlement.
- The American Red Cross is facing a deficit, and is having trouble raising funds.
- While some organizations would welcome more Federal involvement, others are wary of a television production being pitched to them.
- The Entertainment Industry Foundation hopes to benefit when fifteen of the best female voices of today collaborate on the song ‘Just Stand Up’. Proceeds go to EIF’s program Stand Up to Cancer. The song, which is being released on September 2nd, will be performed live during the Stand Up to Cancer television special on September 5th.