In case you missed it, here are some of the headlines making news this week:
- The economic turmoil is affecting charitable giving, endowment values, and the social services available to meet the increasing demand.
- In addition, fundraising events are being revamped, and donations in response to recent hurricanes have not met the needed demand for relief services.
- However, there is some good news for parents with children that are constantly attached to their electronic gadgets: playing video games may increase civic engagement.
- The IRS is asking for additional financial details from colleges.
- Lastly, Paul Newman’s Foundation will continue his legacy.