Here are a few articles that cited Charity Navigator during the past week. For an expanded list of our news coverage, please visit the press room on our site.
- The Wall Street Journal wrote about the growing trend of charities placing a ‘gift tax’ on donations to cover the costs incurred to obtain that gift. Our President & CEO, Ken Berger, is quoted in the article.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy picked up Ken’s blog where he offers his 10 predictions for the nonprofit sector. In another article, it referenced the results of our recent survey that sought information about charities' programmatic results.
- The Dallas Morning News examined Rep. Joe Barton's charity’s spending practices and compared the findings with the spending practices of the typical charity rated by Charity Navigator.
- The Third Sector, a British publication that covers the nonprofit sector, ran a story about a proposal to allow UK charities to compare themselves to other nonprofits in their ads. The article included our thoughts on this plan.
- Freelance writer, Carol Plotnick, recommends Charity Navigator as a tool for helping donors make wise giving choices.
Finally, we’ve been nominated for the Best Charity Blog. Please vote for us.