Now a new study by Convio, Edge Research and Sea Change Strategies takes a closer look at who gave via texting for Haiti and why. About 1500 donors responded to the online survey. Not surprisingly, the survey found that younger people were more likely to make a text donation. And like our quick poll, it found that this application might be best suited for crisis giving.
Here's a snapshot of the findings:
- 77% knew that they could donate via texting to support Haiti relief work
- 17% of Gen Y & 14% of Gen X donated to Haiti via texting
- 3% of both Boomer and Mature donated via texting
- 36% of all respondents would consider texting a donation after a crisis
- 31% would text a donation if a friend was raising money for a charity