While the most of the 5,500 charities we rate are indeed fiscally responsible and financially healthy, not all charities are equal.
- A little more than a quarter of the charities evaluated by Charity Navigator ran an average deficit in their past three to five fiscal years.
- 13% devoted less than 70% of their budgets to their programs and services and 4% devote less than 60%.
- A third of the charities have experienced a decline in their primary revenue over the past three to five fiscal years.
- 22% of the charities have contracted their programs over the past three to five fiscal years.
- 16% maintain less than a month’s worth of working capital.