Harris Interactive recently conducted an online survey of more than 25,000 U.S. consumers to see which brands, across 53 categories, are among the most trusted. In the nonprofit category, participants were given 79 charities for consideration. They were asked to point out which ones they trust and which ones provide the best value to society. Participants were also asked to select the charities that they’d be willing to support with a financial contribution.
Below are the top 10 charity brands, according to the Harris Interactive survey, with their Charity Navigator rating. And we’ve also included a link to our new ‘write a review’ tool powered by GreatNonprofits. This way, if you didn’t get a chance to participate in the Harris survey, then you can still share your feedback on our site.
- Best Friends Animal Society (3-stars) Write a Review
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure (4-stars) Write a Review
- Shriners Hospitals (3-stars) Write a Review
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (3-stars) Write a Review
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (4-stars) Write a Review
- Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (we do not rate hospitals)
- National Kidney Foundation (3-stars) Write a Review
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (4-star) Write a Review
- American Diabetes Association (1-star) Write a Review
- Goodwill Industries International (does not meet our rating criteria)
Image provided by Shutterstock.com.