Today, Charity Navigator launched a new, two-dimensional rating system that measures each charity's Financial Health and Accountability & Transparency. As a result of the new scoring system (which we call CN 2.0):
- Half of the nearly 5,500 charities rated by Charity Navigator received new star ratings
- 30% of the charities’ star rating improved
- 19% of the charities’ star ratings decreased
- With the bar set higher, the total number of 4-star charities decreased by 20%.
- At the same time, charities with ratings of 3 stars (good) or better increased by 8%.
Some of the notable ratings changes include: