Last year, Sasha Dichter (Acumen Fund’s Chief Innovation Officer) got together with Katya Andresen (COO of Network for Good), Scott Case (CEO of Malaria No More), and Ellen McGirt of Fast Company to re-invent Valentine's Day. Inspired by Sasha’s month-long "Generosity Experiment," where he said “yes” to every request for help, they decided to launch "Generosity Day." The goal was to make Valentine's Day about more than flowers, chocolates, and romantic dinners, to reconnect it to generosity for all.
“GenerosityDay” is back this year and you are invited to participate. Here are some ideas for how you can participate in Generosity Day.
- Leave a $5 tip on a $2 cup of coffee.
- Sign-up for a volunteer activity in your community.
- Go out of your way to do something nice for a friend, family member, or colleague.
- Pledge to spend at least an hour helping someone with something you're really good at.
- Make a donation to your favorite charity, or help someone in need.
- Purchase a Good Card (a charitable gift card) and give it to someone you love.
For more about “Generosity Day,” check out this video:
Check out this video to learn more about Sasha Dichter’s "Generosity Experiment”"