|Happy Girl Playing In Pile Of Leaves via BigStock|
- In their most recent fiscal year, these charities generated approximately $208 billion in total revenue.
- Of this $208 billion in total revenue, $188 billion came from the charities’ primary revenue sources. More than half of this primary revenue, some $101 billion, came from contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government grants. Another $87 billion came from program service revenue, fees and contracts.
- These same organizations reported spending $199 billion.
- Roughly 87%, or $173 billion, of these expenses were reported as program expenses. Administration expenses accounted for 9%, or $18 billion, and fundraising expenses accounted for the final 4%, or $8 billion.
- The charities we evaluate reported total net assets equaling $474 billion.