- A charity's representative can suggest updates to the basic information we display about that charity including the organization's address, phone and fax numbers, mission statement and tag line. (Charities can never make any changes to their rating and even changes to basic information will not display on our public site until it has been reviewed by a Charity Navigator analyst.)
- 4-star charities can access logos and tools to promote their rating.
- Representatives have the ability to post a comment about their charity's rating on our public site.
- Charities can immediately notify us when they've made improvements to their Accountability & Transparency data. For example, if they've updated their site to include information we track (such as their audit, 990, staff listing), then they can submit links to that information via a form accessible only to official representatives. That data is then reviewed by a Charity Navigator analyst and the charity's rating will be updated accordingly on the first day of the next month.
Signing up is simple and free!
- First become a regular registered user on the site.
- Log in.
- Access the registered rep application by following the instructions in the "Charity Login" section at the bottom of your charity's ratings page.
- Within a week, we will notify, by email, that the representative has been approved. Once approved, the rep can begin managing their charity’s profile as indicated above.