- With 13 4-star ratings, The Children's Aid Society has the most consecutive 4-star ratings.
- The charities we rate received more than $108 billion in donations in their most recent fiscal year.
- The charities we rate spend on average 80% of their budgets on their programs and services . Only 4% of these charities spend less than 60% on their programs.
- The highest compensation received by a CEO of these charities was $3.9 million; however, the median CEO compensation was a much lower figure of $125,000.
- We have issued more than 100 Donor Advisories.
- More than half of the charities we rate have accumulated at least a year's worth of working capital (rainy day funds). Only 5% of the charities have less than 1 month's worth of working capital.
- Currently, 28% of the charities we rate have a 4-star rating and 1% have a 0-star rating.
- Although we only rate charities that have 501 (c ) (3) public charity status and are thus based in the U.S., for more than 1,000 of them, the scope of their work is international.
- The most frequent question we're asked is: "When are you going to rate charity XYZ?"
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
10 Things You Probably Don't Know About Our Data
With nearly 7,000 charity ratings on our site, there is a ton of data and analysis available to donors! Here are ten of the stand out stats that you may not have known: