We wanted to share an interesting infographic about the nonprofit sector put together courtesy of Jaclyn Lambert and the University of San Francisco's Master of Public Administration program.
- The nonprofit sector is growing faster than the business and public sectors
- Hospitals employ roughly 1 in 3 nonprofit workers
- From 2007 to 2009, the nonprofit sector added jobs at a rate of 1.9% per year. This compares to a decline of 3.7% in the private sector.
- In 2011, 64.3 million Americans donated 7.9 billion hours of of community service, equal to $171 billion worth of paid work;
- Nonprofits plan to double their use of technology in 2013.
Long live the Nonprofit sector!
Click here to see the full infographic.