Americans are expected to spend $17.55 billion dollars this Valentine’s Day. Buying chocolates, exchanging gifts, and giving flowers are all hallmarks of this holiday. How about trying something new this year? We’re challenging you to make philanthropy a part of your Valentine’s Day traditions!
Here’s 5 ways to spread love and charity this Valentine’s Day:
- Donate to your loved one's favorite cause! If they’re passionate about anything, from Animals to Education, we’ve got you covered. Use our Giving Basket to make a donation in the name of your loved one.
- Volunteer with a local charity! A lot of food banks and shelters will be hosting Valentine’s Day dinners for those in need, giving you the opportunity to spread the love through your service. Use our Advanced Search tool to find charities in your area looking for volunteers.
- Send a Valentine’s Day themed care package to our soldiers abroad! There are numerous organizations that are dedicated to supporting both our veterans and our active duty service members. Organizations like Operation Support Our Troops and Operation Gratitude send care packages to our troops all year long.
- Plant a tree! Plenty of environmental charities will plant tree or conserve land in honor of your special someone. Organizations like Arbor Day Foundation and Trees Atlanta will plant a trees in honor of your special someone.
- Donate to V-Day! Yes, there’s an organization that is actually named V-Day. This 4 star charity works to end violence against women and girls. Check them out here.