With our analysis of over 8,000 charities, we have a ton of data and statistics available for donors! Here are ten of the stand out stats that you may not have known.
1) The charities we rate received more than $98 billion in donations in their most recent fiscal year.
2) Currently, 36% of the charities we rate have a 4-star rating and <1% have a 0-star rating.
3) The charities we rate spend on average 80% of their budgets on their programs and services. Only 3% of these charities spend less than 60% on their programs.
4) The median CEO compensation is $124,467.
5) Nearly 400 charities are on our CN Advisory list.
6) More than half of the charities we rate have accumulated at least a year's worth of working capital (rainy day funds). Only 4% of the charities have less than 1 month's worth of working capital.
7) We focus on rating charities that have 501 (c) (3) public charity status and are thus based in the U.S. But that doesn't mean these charities limit the scope of their work to our country; 1,192 of them work internationally.
8) The median charity we rate generates $3.8 million in total revenue and reports nearly $3.5 million in total expenses.
9) The charities we evaluate report total net assets more than $244 billion.
10) Four charities have earned 15 consecutive 4-star ratings and one has earned 16!